Keen Promises and Expectations
Here’s what you can expect from us. In a nutshell: You can trust that we will consistently and responsibly perform all requested services and be available when you need us.
- Treat you with respect, honesty and dignity
- Act as your advisor, putting your interests first
- Strive to acquire a complete and accurate understanding of your needs
- Explain the implications of the strategies as they apply to you
- Update you by email, mail and phone
- Regularly update your financial strategy action plans
In return, here’s what we will ask of you …
We believe that effective communication and mutual respect are essential to a successful partnership. We therefore expect:
- Complete disclosure
Our recommendations are always based on your best interests. All advice will be based on the information you provide to us. We expect you to participate enthusiastically and accurately in the investment planning process.
We believe working together is essential to effective investment planning. To this end, we both agree to:
- Be honest and forthcoming about your financial situation
- Keep each other informed of any new developments that might affect these strategies
- Take the time to regularly review your financial strategy action plan
- Work to develop mutual trust, respect and understanding
Commonly Asked Questions
Q. I understand that part of your process when initially meeting with someone is evaluating if there is a "fit" for a possible relationship. Does this mean you will not take just anyone on as a client?
A. That is correct. We have a disciplined screening process for evaluating and accepting new clients into our practice.
We work with clients on their long-term, serious retirement type assets. We do not handle client-directed speculative trading of stocks or commodities (in this case, we will generally recommend that they open an account at a discount broker and use no more than 5% of their total assets). For planning purposes, we will assume that money goes to zero.
We operate with an understanding of mutual trust and respect. If that is violated we will excuse ourselves from the relationship.
Communication is key. We are dedicated to the financial success of our clients. We will always communicate in a timely manner and expect our clients to respond in a timely manner to telephone calls, document returns, etc. Again, if we are unable to perform our job due to a particularly unresponsive client, we will terminate the relationship.
We work with clients we like and with whom we share similar values.
Q. How do you charge for your services?
A. We primarily charge our clients a % fee on the assets we manage. This puts us on the same side of the table as our clients – as they prosper, we prosper